Friday, October 24, 2008

There's only music so that there's new ringtones

It seemed like the world was conspiring against me all of Thursday and Friday. My car gave out, in the rain on the interstate. After towing it and getting a ride, I didn't get into Decatur until about 1:30am. This morning I was up and on the road up to Florence for my big interview with the Northwest District Superintendent (I work for the Southwest DS). I got lost on the way, not having street signs to help me along and the rain to boot. The good news is that the Northwest DS said he would have a church for me when I got ready to go to seminary. That means I'll be able to pastor a church.

The amount of stuff that managed to go bad all at once began to crack me up. I had to laugh-- it felt like I couldn't win for losing. And while I have some trials in front of me in the weeks ahead, with buying a car and dealing with that extra burden, I feel like things are starting to trend upwards again. I'm getting a lot out of my time at church; Wade's sermons in the morning and our evening college group are filling me up with the perspective and attitude I need.

Just four days of school and work, then its off to Orange Beach to play some guitar, drink some beer, look at the ocean and not think about anything for a good long while.

O Most Merciful God,
Call back the one who flees,
Draw back the one who resists,
Lift up the one who falls,
Support the one who stands,
And accompany the one who walks.
Amen. -- St. Thomas Aquinas

1 comment:

EJW said...

you have a blogspot?
ballin'.
:)
--erin warde.